The main task of speech therapy work at the Center is to activate children to communicate and includes the following areas:
- development of comprehension of addressed speech;
- development of independent speech or alternative communication;
- speech therapy massage;
- overcoming the problems of dysphagia, i.e. difficulty with swallowing;
- myogymnastics, i.e. a set of exercises for the facial and masticatory muscles, which are around the dentition and affect its formation;
- development of cognitive functions;
- prevention of secondary violations;
- providing advice to parents.
Speech therapy work is focused on the child and his psycho-emotional features, on creating an emotionally comfortable atmosphere during classes.
Speech therapy classes have a playful focus, which allows forming a positive motivation of the child to communicate and actively participate in classes.